Indiana Mysteries

Eastview Elementary students are hosting author/scientist, Ron Hirshi, on April 11th and 12th, 2006. In preparing for his visit,Mrs. Newton's students have been creating mysteries about their native environment for Ron and you to answer. Please join us in discovering the answers to some "Hoosier" home mysteries.

Monday, March 13, 2006

Harry


This is a part of a plant. Do you know what part?

It can be boiled and then made into a tea. This plant helps reduce pain and swelling for arthritus and joint pain

Why did we call this "Harry?"

2 Comments:

At Tuesday, November 11, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am a college student at Purdue University in Elementary Education and my classmates and I are curious. What is this thing?? My email is hfrida00@pnc.edu

 
At Tuesday, November 11, 2008, Blogger Mrs. Newton said...

If I remember correctly, this is a young yucca root - a hairy rhizome. One of my student's parents brought this in from their yard for our mystery. This yucca plant can be seen at www.herbies-herbs.com/pages/herbuses-6.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home